EFFICIENT ENGINE REPAIR SERVICES IN CANYON & AMARILLO, TX
Is your engine making a strange noise? Are you having trouble shifting gears? Call on your brothers at Brothers Auto Care. We provide first-rate engine repair services in the Texas Panhandle.
At Brothers Auto Care, your safety and your car’s longevity are our top priorities. When you bring your car to our shop, you can rest assured that we’ll repair your engine in a timely, cost-effective way. With more than 15 years of valuable, hands-on experience, we can fix even the most serious engine problems.
KEEP YOUR ENGINE RUNNING LIKE NEW
The majority of us don’t spend a lot of time considering how to extend the life of our engines. We hop into the car, turn the key and get on the road. When we don’t prioritize the health of a car’s engine, it tells us! The engine starts to make sounds we’re not familiar with, or the car feels a little different when we drive.
Engines need to be cared for – they need a good and thorough visit to the auto shop every now and then. Regular maintenance is required to keep them in top condition, and Brothers Auto Care is here to help.
At Brothers, we know that taking proper care of your engine can keep it from creating severe problems later on. Our goal is to provide you with the information you need to proactively maintain your engine’s health. If you stay on top of these suggestions, your engine will not only run better, but it will last longer and keep you from emptying your wallet on engine repairs in the future.
Here are 5 ways to proactively protect your engine:
- Regularly Conduct or Receive Oil Changes – This is absolutely one of the most important things you can do for your engine. Oil keeps your engine parts well lubricated so that they won’t overheat. Your engine can’t function without oil and if you go too long between oil changes it could cause lasting harm. Suggestions for oil change timelines will vary, but a widely accepted standard for modern cars is to change the oil every 5,000 miles. Some engines can go a little longer while some older engines may require an oil change sooner than that. Make sure to look in your car’s manual for your specific vehicle’s oil change interval.
- Ensure Proper Functioning of the Cooling System – Making sure you have the proper amount of coolant (radiator fluid) circulating throughout the engine is the best way to protect your engine from overheating. The cooling system is made up of the radiator, thermostat, water pump and coolant. Coolant circulates through your engine when your car’s thermostat reads that it’s getting too hot. The water pump pulls coolant from the radiator and delivers it to the engine block and then sends it back out to the radiator to be cooled back down. Check your coolant level frequently – it’s a clear tank under the hood with a green or orange colored liquid in it. Coolant should stay above the minimum mark and below the maximum mark. Brothers Auto Care provides through cooling system checks and we promise you that the cost to find and replace a problem ahead of time will easily offset the harm done to your engine if it ever overheats.
- Keep the Engine Breathing – Other than fuel, air is one of the most essential ingredients in keeping your engine healthy. Cars need a constant flow of air just like humans do. Air should be coming into the engine persistently, without constraint or debris to hinder it. Your car’s air filters are a line of defense to debris that can get clogged with dirt and need to be switched out. If the filter gets clogged with dirt, then it’s not doing its job efficiently. This can cause it to starve your engine for oxygen, let in too much junk or a combination of the two. Brothers Auto Care’s professional and forward-thinking mechanics will help you with preventative care by taking a look at the air filter when we change your oil. If necessary, we can replace it to keep that engine running smoothly.
- Check for Leaks – Be sure to check under the car to see if anything is leaking onto the pavement or your garage floor below from time to time. You don’t have to be a rockstar mechanic to spot a leak. Oil and antifreeze are the two main fluids you want to make sure aren’t leaking out of your engine. Rubber engine hoses that are old and cracked can leak antifreeze and any parts that join together with a rubber seal and silicon can eventually begin leaking. Brothers can assure you that treating a minor leak before it turns into a major problem will save you a headache later on.
- Fill Up Your Gas Tank Before It Gets Too Low – Try not to run your car all the way down to empty all the time. Doing this means you’re pulling from the bottom-of-the-barrel and all the sediment that’s accumulated there can cause engine damage. After years of driving and many fill-ups, be a fair amount of junk can accumulate at the bottom of your fuel tank. If you always fill up only when you’re running on empty, that junk can get into the engine and cause internal damage. Don’t make your engine work harder!
Whether you’re in need of preventative maintenance, or a whole new engine, Brothers has you covered. No engine repair job is too big or small for our trained crew. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with your brothers over at Brother’s Auto Care – you know we’ve got your back!
SAY GOODBYE TO CAR REPAIR WORRIES
Working on a limited budget? Don’t sweat it. We also provide excellent financing options. If you’re worried about being out of transportation for the day, we can handle that too – Brothers will shuttle you where you need to go.